Eddie & I

Eddie & I
The Love of My Life

Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Exquisite Timing"

If you have enough time, you have enough everything. ~ Unknown

For the first time in my life, I was told I have "exquisite timing" and I don't know if it could've been said for anything more important! I'm pretty sure the incredible news from Tennessee has reached a lot of you, but, for those of you who don't know....I was able to sign up for another clinical trial.

Dr. Sosman (my new doctor in TN) is the one who said the 'exquisite timing' thing...he said it because the trial I'm in opened on Tues.; my appointment was on Thurs.; and it closes on next Tues. There was only a one week window of opportunity for me to get in it. He is very optimistic that I may buy some more time with this trial. It is a pill I will take every 12 hours and I'll be able to do it from home. I need to go back within 2 wks for scans, blood work, etc. IF I 'pass' I will recieve the pills. I will then be going back every 2-3 wks. for quite a while and then once a month.

There are only 93 people who have ever taken it so they don't know a lot about the side effects, but he feels confident I'll still have some quality of life. The med is from GlaxoSmithKline and it only has a number: 8436. Here's praying it's my lucky number (to go along with the 'exquisite timing' I have!)

1 comment:

  1. ;) Thankful for hope..and as long as there's hope...today is a very good day! Keep the faith Sis!

    ReplyDelete